Monday, May 03, 2010

Should we go for Norwegian cash, bonds and shares?

A few weeks ago, I looked at national credit ratings and Norway was the clear leader. So I wondered how strong the Norwegian Kroner might be if other currencies began to unravel.

Could the past give us a clue? No doubt those of you who have access to more sophisticated financial software and databases can do better - this is just a starting point for discussion.

Here's the 10-year history (O&A data, interbank rate, annually on 3rd May each year, rebased to 100% against the Kroner in 2000).

And in graphic form:

5 comments:

James Higham said...

Should we go for Norwegian cash, bonds and shares?

Haven't a clue, Sackers - you tell us.

Sackerson said...

Don't know myself, just scratting around for alternatives to gold or gunpowder. Do you think CU or Wolfie could comment?

James Higham said...

I'll write to Wolfie.

Wolfie said...

I'm moving into Kroner (cash holdings) myself.

Sackerson said...

Nice to hear from you, Wolfie, hope all's well.